Thursday, April 01, 2010

rain, rain, GO AWAY!

I hate the rain.
Normally it's just annoying and totally ruins my hair when I straighten it.
But all of the rain we've been getting recently has caused our basement to flood. 
Our finished basement.
And we have carpet.
NOT FUN.
So for the majority of the day, I've been running the water vacuum every hour. My dad and I have been trading off shifts. I thought I was going to get to sleep now, but my dad just told me I have to do another one. Now, that would be alright, except for after I finish that, I have to stay up for another hour so I can wake my dad up. And I am so tired! I had to get up semi-early today, and tomorrow after spending the night in water land, I have to work a car wash! Not exactly the thing I want to be doing on Spring Break.
[/rant]

So other than that, things have been going pretty well! I went to see The Last Song with my friend Lauren tonight (actually it's 1:27, so yesterday,  I guess). I didn't expect to like it, but it turned out to be pretty cute! A little too much making out, though. Sorry, I just don't really wanna watch twenty thousand minutes filled with colorful camera angles of two people shoving their tongues down each others throats. 

Spring Break! It's gone alright. My dad and I went on a little 'bonding' day, where we painted pottery at this local place and then had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. It was pretty fun, considering my dad and I don't generally get along very well. But, all of that nice-happy-my dad and I are on good terms-stuff went away when we came home and found the basement flooded with water. We're probably gonna lose our carpet too, which is really suckish, cause it was in no way cheap.

Blah. It's time for me to return to my new best friend the water vacuum. fun.
k

No comments: