Monday, January 04, 2010

Greetings, and Salutations

(Charlotte's Web ^)

The world is spinning 'round, and today the world spun to me the idea that I should start a blog. So here I am. Hello. I'm Kylie, but you can call me Kai! This is my blog! It's called 'The Show Must Go On', because, yes, I am one of those crazy theatre kids!

However, this blog is going to be for talking about what's going on with me, and other miscellaneous things!

And on the topic of books, as my New Years Resolution, I've decided that this year I am going to read 100 books! Currently, I am on book numero uno. Which puts me a little behind, as because I should be reading one approximately every 3ish days. So off to a relatively good start!

1. Paper Towns By John Green

Right now I am reading another John Green novel, An Abundance of Katherines. After that, I've taken out two other books from the library, Along for the Ride and Dancing Naked, and I'll update on that later, after i've read them!

As far as Paper Towns goes, I thought it was pretty amazing. John Green created this really amazingly creative and mysterious character that you never truly understand, which I think lets you put on that imagination cap! Plus, I think it's really good to get some books from a boys point of view. I haven't read many great books from that perspective recently, other than Libba Bray's Going Bovine, which was also very high on the amazing charts. I've only just started reading Katherines, and so far, it's really good. You can find out more things about John Green here, and I recommend you do! You should also consider subscribing to him on Youtube, vlogbrothers, a project he does with his brother, Hank Green. In other news, I have Looking For Alaska on its way from Swaptree!

For those of you who don't know, Swaptree is a book swapping website, where you can post a wishlist of books that you'd like to get, and set up trades with the books you already have. This is really great right now, because of the economy and the environment. You only have to pay for the shipping of the item, and it saves another book from being published. I'm sure it's not the greatest thing for authors, but I think they'd rather be at least read, rather than not at all. However, I may not be right on about that. Personally, when I find a book I really love, even if i've read it already, I probably will purchase it.

Other books i've read recently include Shiver by the excellent Maggie Stiefvater. All I can say, is that I did not want to put it down, and when I was forced to because it was over, it killed me inside! Although I did find out that this summer, there will be a sequel titled Linger. That I am VERY excited for! You can read about them here.

Just to let you all know, not all of my blog posts will be about books, that's just what I feel like writing about now =].
k

No comments: