Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Swaptree


I realized that last time I talked about Swaptree, I forgot to mention so much about it. I really love the website, and I want to share it with you!

In a recent post, I said that Swaptree was a book swapping website, and I'd been involved with a trade ending in me getting Alaska. But truly, you can get so much from this site! Not only can you get books, you can also trade for CDs, DVDs, and video games.

You can browse through the things you are able to receive, after you've entered the books you have, and are willing to trade. You can also search through, if you're looking for something specific.

On the homepage, they show books, CDs, movies, and video games that you might be interested in, along with things that are popular on Swaptree, to give you an idea if you might like to trade for them.

One thing that I personally love about Swaptree is that most of the trades don't only involve one person. That does two things. One, it opens a larger range of books you can get, and two, makes it so you won't get bad feedback based on the way you rated that person. For example, if you send your item to "Bob" on time, but then Bob sends yours late, logically you would rate him poorly. But, if Bob is the vengeful type, then he could give you a poor rating for no reason!

For your own pleasure, Swaptree also tells you how much money you've saved, and how much you've decreased your carbon footprint.

So far, I've saved $59, and have decreased carbon footprint by 89 pounds! These statistics are after I've completed 10 trades.

Also on Swaptree, you can join groups, and talk on discussion boards to get help, chat about books, or whatever you feel like!

This toolbar works with websites to tell you if you can receive items you view online on Swaptree. The toolbar works with Amazon and Barnes and Noble, along with other websites. You can read more about that here. Unfortunatley for Safari users, this is not available to you. However, if you use IE or Firefox, then you can utilize this feature. Since I have a Mac and use Safari, I do not have this toolbar, and I don't have experience with it.

The last few features that I think are great, are that you can use the Swaptree application. One of my personal favorite things is that you can transfer your wish-lists from Lala or Amazon into your Swaptree wish-list.

Hopefully this may persuade you to join Swaptree, save the environment, and keep onto your extra money!

Happy Swapping =]
k

p.s. Swaptree has not paid me/asked me/influenced me in any way to write positive things about them. these opinions are all my own.

No comments: